Meet the Safeguarding Team
Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL)
Headteacher and Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DDSL)
‘Please keep me safe.’
This simple but profoundly important hope is the very minimum upon which every child and young person should be able to depend.
Whilst the prime focus of Highfield Farm Primary School is to secure the best educational provision for our pupils, our school recognises our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and to provide a caring, safe and positive environment in which they can flourish. We are therefore committed to the highest standard of safeguarding and protecting the children in our care.
We will ensure that:
- All reasonable measures are taken to minimise the risks of harm to children’s welfare
- All appropriate actions are taken to address concerns about the welfare of a child by working in partnership with other local agencies
- We create an atmosphere where all our children feel secure, valued and listened to
- All staff recognise signs and symptoms of abuse, and respond quickly and effectively
- We monitor and support children at risk
the curriculum is used effectively to raise children’s awareness, build confidence and skills
- We work in partnership with parent/carers and support external agencies
- All adults within our school/service who have access to children have been checked as to their suitability