These are organised on a “Free Choice” system i.e. a choice of three main course options selected on the day by the children as well as a range of puddings.
It is really important to apply for free school meals, even if your child is in Key Stage 1 and already receiving a free meal, as school is entitled to additional funding which will benefit your child.
Children in Foundation Stage, Year 1 and Year 2 are able to have a free school meal regardless of family income. If you feel you may be entitled to Free school meals, but do not know the procedure, then please ask the School Administration team for information in confidence, or see details below.
We urge all parents to have their children stay for school meals.
How to apply for free school meals
You can claim free school meals for a child who lives with you and who you are responsible for.
Your claim will be automatically processed if you receive Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction and get any of the qualifying benefits.
Your child is eligible for Free School Meals if you get one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers’ Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income, of no more than £16,190 (as of 2014 financial year) as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
All children in Key Stage 1 are entitled to Universal Free School Meals.
However, as pupil premium is an important payment for schools – and a really good opportunity for eligible parents to get even more support for their children in school – it is important that you still apply if your child is in Key Stage 1. If your child is in Key Stage 1 and you do not apply, we will not be able to claim the appropriate child premium and will have less money to spend on supporting children in school.
For information on how to apply click here.
To apply online click here.