Values and Ethos
Our Mission Statement
West Melton Primary strives for success by:
- Striving for the highest possible standards of achievement and behaviour in a stimulating environment, providing nurture and support for all abilities.
- Building and developing independence, skills for learning, individual strengths and talents.
- Equipping children with the resilience and perseverance to become creative and independent thinkers and to become learners for life within an ever-changing world.
West Melton Primary achieves with pride by:
- Encouraging everyone to do their best.
- Developing a love of learning inspired by quality teaching.
- Valuing and celebrating success.
West Melton Primary achieves with happiness by:
- Creating a happy, secure and stimulating learning environment, using praise and positivity to develop self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Promoting British values and attitudes of care, tolerance, trust and respect within the school and wider communities.
- Developing learning activities which stimulate positive models of enquiry, reflection, challenge and innovation, encouraging a love for learning.
Our Core Values
- Happiness, family and friendship
- Honesty, trust and communication
- Resilience, pride and achievement