Wath Learning Community
Wath Learning Community Co-operative Trust (WLCCT)
The Wath Learning Community Co-operative Trust (WLCCT) is a partnership of schools, formed to raise standards of achievement and promote quality learning opportunities for every learner in every school within the Trust. The schools previously worked together as a cluster group for a number years and believe that forming the WLCCT would not only strengthen, but develop these ties further.
The Trust currently includes:
Wath Comprehensive School, Wath Central Primary School, West Melton Primary School, Brampton Cortonwood Infant School.
With founding member schools of:
Brampton the Ellis C of E Primary School, Wentworth C of E J & I School, Wath C of E Primary School
Since coming into effect in 2013, the Trust has formed partnerships with local college of vocational Further Education, Dearne Valley College, and Sheffield Hallam University to continue building upon the work carried out by the Trust, and their aspirations, beyond pupils' primary and secondary education, alongside support from the Local Authority and Co-operative Society.
The Trust aims to deliver an aligned and aspirational education to all participants, by working as a shared trust to clarify their vision and aims, raise expectations, aspirations and standards
- To improve the life chances of every child in every school within the Trust
- To improve the quality and leadership of learning
- To raise standards of achievement
- To improve the opportunities for lifelong learning for all
- To increase sustainable community involvement
Each term, a news bulletin will be placed on the websites of each school within the Trust with updates and key information about the Trust's work.
In its first year of operation:
- A Head from within the Trust was asked to fulfil the position of Executive Head at a founding member school, to support them in improving their grading and this is progressing well.
- A primary school from within the Trust closed, followed by the opening of another school
- There has been a marked improvement in outcomes from Year 6 SATS due to the close collaboration between the partner schools within the Trust.
Wath Learning Community Co-operative Trust Board Members
Our Board Members consist of:
|Board Members||Head||Chair of Governors|
|Wath Comprehensive||Mrs P Ward||Mrs I Hartley|
|Wath Central||Ms L Andrews||Mrs J Stone-Riley|
|West Melton Primary||Mrs Z Norris||Mrs R Peel|
|Brampton Cortonwood Infants||Mrs S Aston||Mrs D Stoner|
|Brampton Ellis||Mrs A Benbow||Mr M Sherwood|
|Wentworth C of E||Miss S Armstrong||Mrs J Collier|
|Wath C of E||Mr D Silvester||Mr N Oliver|
|Sheffield Hallam||Mrs S Williams||EY Teaching Senior Lecturer|
|Dearne Valley College||Mr M Harrison||Principal|
|Co-operative Society||Mrs J Bowdidge||Consultant|
|RMBC CYPS||Mrs K Borthwick||School Effectiveness|