Ethos and Values
Our Vision Statement
'Striving for success, with pride and happiness'
Our vision is for our community of learners to be happy, see the value in learning and be proud of their achievements, in order to become lifelong learners.
In this ever changing and improving world we live in, we want our children to learn a variety of skills and knowledge on their journey to becoming successful, providing them with more opportunities for the future.
Our Mission Statement
West Melton Primary strives for success by:
- Striving for the highest possible standards of achievement and behaviour in a stimulating environment, providing nurture and support for all abilities.
- Building and developing independence, skills for learning, individual strengths and talents.
- Equipping children with the resilience and perseverance to become creative and independent thinkers and to become learners for life within an ever-changing world.
West Melton Primary achieves with pride by:
- Encouraging everyone to do their best.
- Developing a love of learning inspired by quality teaching.
- Valuing and celebrating success.
West Melton Primary achieves with happiness by:
- Creating a happy, secure and stimulating learning environment, using praise and positivity to develop self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Promoting British values and attitudes of care, tolerance, trust and respect within the school and wider communities.
- Developing learning activities which stimulate positive models of enquiry, reflection, challenge and innovation, encouraging a love for learning.
Our Core Values
- Happiness, family and friendship
- Honesty, trust and communication
- Resilience, pride and achievement